Version control directory meld across several modules?

Hi,

Is it possible to start up meld with multiple CVS modules being
directory-compared?

E.g. in my working dir I have proj1 and proj2. They are effectively
totally different projects. I can achieve what I want by running

meld proj1

When meld appears, I go file->new->version control browser and select
proj2. I now have 2 separate tabs with different directory comparisons
in each, both against the CVS branch for proj1 and 2 respectively.

I now want to be able to script this, so that I can automatically bring
up the directory comparisons for many modules. I can't find a way to do
this on the command line, running

Running "meld proj1 proj2" causes meld to try to directly difference the
two directories, but the are completely unrelated. Running meld once per
directory difference is possible, but I don't really want to run many
instances.

If the desired behaviour isn't currnetly possible, would be
possible/sensible to add an extra flag to meld's command line e.g. -j
(for job). This flag would be followed by any valid meld command line
and could be used several times in an invocation.

e.g.
meld -j proj1 -j proj2-v1 proj2-v2 -j proj3-v1 proj3-v2 proj3-v3

would bring up meld with 4 tabs:
	the proj1/src->branch CVS directory diff
	the 2-way directory diff of proj2-v1 and proj2-v2
	the 3 way directory diff of proj3-v1, v2 and v3

Would this be useful to anyone else? Does similar functionality already
exist?

Thanks for any help,

Tom