Re: Command not found errors

On 24 June 2010 10:12, Eric Lake <ericlake gmail com> wrote:

> At work we are using meld 1.2 in our production environment with svn.
> Most of the time there are no issues at all and everything runs really
> well. However there are times when we see the following error:
>
> sh: bzr: command not found
>
> The thing is that we do not have bzr loaded on any of the systems. We
> only use svn and in some cases git. I have been able to recreate the
> issue locally and here are the steps.
<snip>

So there are a couple of different problems here.

Firstly, we use an overly-simplistic test for whether a given
directory is actually a repository; this isn't unique to bzr. We
*could* fairly easily establish better tests (e.g., run bzr status and
check whether we get an error) but if we do this for each VC, it's
likely to be really slow. Maybe a mixed approach (e.g., stat for .bzr,
then run bzr status) would be in order.

The second problem is that we don't check to see whether we have the
appropriate tools installed for a given repository. Correct behaviour
here would probably be to see if we can find the binary, and if we
can't, desensitize the relevant entry in the VC selector.

Patches or more detailed suggestions for either of the above would be
gratefully accepted; failing that, could you please file bugs?

cheers,
Kai