Re: SFTP Support

I would be willing to add remote file system with GIO in a PPA version of meld. My employer requires this feature.

Cheers,
Kris

On Sat, 2010-07-03 at 07:49 +1000, Kai Willadsen wrote:
On 26 June 2010 03:08, Kristopher Ives <kristopher ives stoysnet com> wrote:
> Is there support for opening files over SFTP like with gEdit? I know I could
> work around this with a persistent mount, but I have a lot of different SFTP
> sites I have to access and I want to do graphical diffing between them
> without caching or that kind of mounting if it can be avoided.

Hi Kris,

Unfortunately, Meld doesn't support remote filesystems at all.

We're currently in the situation where GnomeVFS is deprecated, so
there's little motivation to add support for accessing files that way,
but our current required glib versions don't include gio. A version
bump that would allow gio/gvfs support is certainly on the cards, but
there's no ETA on such support actually arriving.

cheers,
Kai