Re: Can meld ignore directories?

On 16 August 2010 19:00, Yaniv Ben-Yosef <yanivby gmail com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a large directory in my project that contains automatically
> generated files.
> This directory isn't under source control, but it's still convenient for
> us to have it under the project directory.
> This makes scanning directory differences significantly slower.
> Is there a way to instruct meld to ignore specific directories?
> (ideally, it would respect .gitignore in case of git).

Just to clarify: are you talking about the directory comparison view,
or the version control view of Meld? In directory comparison you can
set up ignored shell globs (Preferences->File filters) but there is no
equivalent for version control.

If anyone wants to have a go at this, it should be easy to add the
required logic in VcView._search_recursively_iter. Off the top of my
head, I'd expect that all we'd do is not recurse into any subdirectory
that came back as "Ignored". Hooking this up to various VC systems may
or may not be easy.

cheers,
Kai