Re: Ignoring blank lines (again)

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 2:33 AM, Kai Willadsen <kai willadsen gmail com> wrote:
Hi all,

One of the problems with Meld doing smart things based on cursor
location or similar triggers is that some objects keep slightly
different versions of the diff around, the main cause being the
ignore-blank-lines preference. With this patch, the Differ object now
performs blank line filtering itself. See the commit message for more
detailed comments.

Reviews would be *much* appreciated.

Also, fixing this allows us to do reliable cursor-position tracking,
which allows a host of other nice things. Patches for the tracking and
other niceties will follow shortly.

cheers,
Kai

Hi,

I have tested the patch a bit and everything seems to work fine.
Moving blank line filtering to Differ and getting rid of all these messy calls to _consume_blank_lines in filediff is definitely a very good idea. Not perfect as it does not handle blank lines inside diff chunks, but I do not really care as I do not use this setting at all :)
Cleaning up filediff and making all the niceties you mentioned possible is much more important from my point of view.

Thanks
Piotr