Re: Smart Recognition

Kai Willadsen wrote:

2009/11/24 M. Bashir Al-Noimi <mbnoimi gmx com>

Hi All,

Because I found that meld is smart I use it, but yesterday I faced something
strange during comparing two XML files (see the attachments please).

Although the first file (english.xml) is too different from the second file
(arabic.xml) meld splits these differences in to huge blocks where they must
be small blocks!!! (see the pic below).

How I can deal with this problem? I want to make meld recognize these
differences accurately.

Looking at your example comparison, I can't see the problem. It looks
to me like the changes between the files are correctly highlighted.

Yep, highlighting works well but as you see in the following picture there are 11 differences in 8 lines + a fully new line

Can you be more specific about what you would expect to see?

I expected that meld will give me 11 blocks + a new block for the new line (<text id="RECITATION_ADDED"...) not putting all differences in single block!!!

At least I expected from meld to put 2 blocks the first one for 11 modified lines and the second for the new line.

-----
Best Regards
Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi
My Blog: http://mbnoimi.net/