Re: Commit only some changes

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 8:24 PM, Leif Gruenwoldt <leifer gmail com> wrote:
> Often I make several changes to a file but only want to commit part of
> those changes. Is there a way to pick which changes to commit with
> Meld?

Not directly, but this could be an interesting addition,
and probably not too hard to implement...

With git, what I do is use "git stash" before using meld to undo
the unwanted changes, commit the pieces I want, and then
use "git stash apply" to get back the other pieces back in.

With other scm I did the equivalent by hand, i.e. copy the current
files, undo unwanted modifs before comitting then checkout and
overwrite with backup, A lot more painful if you have a lot of modified
files...

--
Vincent Legoll