Re: Splitting files

> I'd also like to propose trying to transition to a more
> standard/pythonic directory structure. For example, moving *.py into a
> new meld/ subdirectory, maintaining vc/ (and maybe a new widgets/
> subdirectory?) inside that, and switching to install to
> python/site-packages/. If there is interest, I can do some looking at
> standard package structures, install scripts, etc.

Yes a reorganization is in order. How about this straw man proposal?

data/? (meld.applications, meld.desktop, etc)
data/icons (was glade2/pixmaps)
data/ui (was glade2/*)
help
po

Reorganizing the source is a little more difficult. If we're going to
install into
site-packages should all code be inside the "meld" directory? I know
theoretically
vc is standalone, but I don't think anybody else is using it.

I originally thought moving the widgets into a subfolder was a good idea
but perhaps there's enough non-meld specific library code there to justify
a new module which doesn't live under the meld folder. i.e. findbar,
historyentry,
gnomeglade, sourceviewer, notebooklabel. Certainly I find myself copying and
pasting a lot of skeleton code for mini projects or tests.

Stephen.