Re: meld future ui

Hello,

I think the tabbed interface is nice and clean, I like it a lot.

I really dislike the concept of one window per master-tab,
people are wanting the "single window in which all
subsequent meld appears as tabs inside"-concept, and I
should add a me too.

But this may be a start of a solution, if we code a proper
dbus interface for meld we can base any kind of policy
upon. For example: every vcview or dirdiff goes into the
single master window, from which diffs are spawned in
separate windows, one per master tab. So that when you
launch a diff from a master dirdiff, it creates a new window
if there's none, or put a new tab in its already existent child.

Wouldn't that be a way of doing it that wouldn't tie our hands
to a single choice of policy wrt windowed / tabbed / mixmode
interface.

We would then need a way to configure that policy in some
easy and nice way, with defaults, like, single-window mode,
master/children, old behavior, custom...

What do you think ?

And we already have some dbus code to play with sleeping
somewhere in bugzilla...

--
Vincent Legoll