Re: Is there any documentation for meld?

2009/7/29 Grant Edwards <grant b edwards gmail com>:
> I've been using meld for some time, and have figured out most
> of the features.  But now I'm stuck: I can't figure out what
> the red dot on a folder/file icon means.  There doesn't seem to
> be a man page (at least not on Gentoo), "Help/Contents" has
> never worked,

Assuming that you have yelp (the Gnome help viewer) installed, there's
no reason it shouldn't work. Can you provide some details? a traceback
maybe?

> and I can't find any documenation on the Meld web
> site.  So I've got two questions:
>
>  1) Is there a manual or any documentation?

Yes - it lives in the main meld tree under help/C/meld.xml (the
English version), or where ever that installs to on your system.

>  2) What does the red dot mean.

It indicates that the file/folder is newer (i.e., has a more recent
mtime) than its counterpart.

Kai