Re: Making with alternative source

2009/7/9 Lay, Tony <tony lay lmco com>:
> I managed to compile GLIB, python and pygtk with versions that meld 1.3.0.
> should like, but because of the way it installs I am not sure how to fire
> off the make to include the alternate paths that these libraries are in.  I
> upgraded python, but had to keep glib and pygtk in separate directories to
> keep the system stable…
>
> The secondary locations I want to use are:
>
> Glib=/usr/local/glib
>
> Pygtk=/usr/local/pygtk2
>
> So how do I pass these library directories to meld during the make process?

You shouldn't need to. Meld just needs to be able to import the
required modules (pygtk, etc.) which means that python needs to know
where they are. There are several different ways to extend python's
module search path; see
http://docs.python.org/using/cmdline.html#envvar-PYTHONPATH for one
simple option.

Kai