RHEL v5.2 versus Meld v1.2.1

On Red Hat Enterprise Linux v5.2, which uses python v2.4.3, I see two problems so far.

The first, relating to use of the python v2.5 feature for ternary operators, has been discussed before (in topic “Execution error on Meld 1.2.1” in the Nov 2008 archives) and I made the appropriate changes.  Now meld runs and seems to behave OK.

The second problem, I get an assertion error.

gnomeglade.py:42: Warning: g_value_get_enum: assertion `G_VALUE_HOLDS_ENUM (value)' failed

  self.xml = gtk.glade.XML(filename, root, typedict=override)

So far though, I haven’t seen misbehavior due to the error.

--

Lawrence