Re: Toolbar changes

2009/1/25 Kai Willadsen <kai willadsen gmail com>:
> Meld has long had double toolbars due to an inability to easily merge
> items across the different views. Using GtkUIManager fixes this and
> lets us get rid of the second view-specific toolbar by merging its
> elements into the main toolbar, gaining quite a lot of screen real
> estate.

These toolbar changes are now in SVN.

In trying to reduce toolbar size, I started wondering... how often do
people actually toggle the "Case" and "Flatten" options? I'd expect
that these are rarely changed, so could possibly be removed from the
toolbar now that they're available in the menus. Opinions?

> Future menu/toolbar UI plans include:
>  * make file filters appear in a drop-down menu from the toolbar
>  * add text filters to the toolbar, also in a drop-down
>  * add file and text filters to the View menus (mostly done)

File filters are done; text filters need to be changed to instantly
re-compare the file before it makes sense to add them.

>  * add VC status and directory status filters to the menus (mostly done)

These have been added. They appear under "Version status" and "File
status" submenus; better wording much appreciated.

>  * make menu tooltips appear in the status bar (done, just need to
> decide where in the status bar they should go)

Done, though the status bar could probably use some reorganisation.

Kai