Re: Commit only some changes

On Sat, Dec 5, 2009 at 7:08 PM, Martin Renold <martinxyz gmx ch> wrote:
>> With git, what I do is use "git stash" before using meld to undo
>> the unwanted changes, commit the pieces I want, and then
>> use "git stash apply" to get back the other pieces back in.
>
> Can you explain this again please? I was looking for how to do this with
> meld and git, but I'm not following your explanation.
>
> When I use "git stash" my changes get hidden, and I can't use meld to get
> part of them back or to revert part of them...  or can I? How do you do
> this?

here's the recipe:

1) git stash # save current changes
2) git stash apply # apply all stashed changes
3) meld . # manually revert things to keep only a single change that
you want to separate
4) git commit -a # commit it, you can do this form inside meld too
5) go to 2) # restart until everything stashed is committed

instead of exiting / launching meld again at 3) you can just use refresh

--
Vincent Legoll