Re: Windows support

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 3:49 PM, Lorenz <lorenznl yahoo com> wrote:
> http://downloads.sourceforge.net/gladewin32/gtk-2.12.9-win32-2.exe
> seems to install without the 'GTK\2.0\' part of the path though.

Maybe I added  that when installing, cannot remember, I wrote the
notes after having done it so it's perhaps not fully accurate...

> The resulting error message:
>
>        DLL load failed: Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden.
>        Meld requires pygtk 3 2.8.0 or higher.
>
> in that case is not really helpful, as it points in the wrong
> direction.

did you try to change the Path modification to become:

6. Add this to your Path:
    * C:\dev\Python26;C:\dev\gtk+\bin;C:\dev\gladewin32\bin;C:\dev\cygwin\bin

> Perhaps the responsible try: import ... block could be split-up to
> give module related error messages.

Yes, I wrote a patch doing just that when trying meld on windows myself,
because I chased the exact same bug. But I didn't send it for review yet...

--
Vincent Legoll