Re: [PATCH] Factorize more VC constructor code
- From: Daniel Thompson <daniel redfelineninja org uk>
- To: Vincent Legoll <vincent legoll gmail com>
- Cc: meld-list <meld-list gnome org>, j_r_fonseca yahoo co uk, aaron bentley utoronto ca
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Factorize more VC constructor code
- Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 22:22:32 +0100
On Sun, 2009-04-12 at 02:58 +0200, Vincent Legoll wrote:
> bzr, monotone & git used to have a get_tree() which
> always called lookup_tree() if it was not already cached,
> but without caching at that time either. I think this was
> wrong and only cut'n'pasted between plugins. But
> would like to hear from the creators of those plugins.
If memory serves get_tree() was added in a recent refactoring. This may
be a false memory though I don't follow meld especially closely and
occasionally suffer cross talk with other projects.
> The remaining of the patch is mostly renaming and
> passing an additional "directory" argument to
> _lookup_tree_cache() as was required for bzr, but
> which remains unused for other plugins.
> Please review.
Nothing looks wrong.
Tested with latest svn version. Still works.
Daniel Thompson <daniel redfelineninja org uk>
] [Thread Prev