Re: GtkIconTheme support for Meld

2008/10/20 Greg Bowyer <gbowyer fastmail co uk>:
> I can confirm that this has caused a few regressions with regard to a win32
> port, the meld diff panes no longer correctly

Could you expand on this? what doesn't work? It's possible that the
requested icons just aren't loaded or available on windows. They're
fairly generic ('folder' and 'text-x-generic'), though the dirdiff
pane also uses a possibly-not-generic emblem. If this is the case,
then it might make sense to ship fallback icons with meld. I'll have a
look at what other multi-platform gtk projects do.

> and I am getting exceptions
> regarding the temp file work.

That's odd... the python docs don't suggest any portability problems
there, but reading up on them it looks like there is a bit of a
history of bugs with these. What version of python + pygtk are you
testing against?

> However when I get some time during this week I will fixup these bugs.
>
> Otherwise, nothing was seriously broken, I can still get the application
> fired up (and on the plus side, this fixes all my icon breakages I cause :P)

Nice - glad to know it has *some* positive effects.

Kai