Re: single-pane view

> Sure, it's not very difficult to write a new view from scratch if you
> disallow editing.
> It's almost the same as just displaying a patch isn't it? It gets
> quite complicated though if you allow editing.

Editing shouldn't be required for this view.
For example, when reviewing changes before committing them, the editing features
are not required. In this and similar situations, single-pane view could give a
better overview than side-by-side comparison.
Actual merging of files would still happen in the regular view.

I would immensely appreciate any efforts in this direction.
(I'd also take a look at the patch - in single-pane view, of course - and try to
learn from it.)

/AC