Patches for discussion

Hi,

I'm attaching a couple of patches for discussion, since I'm uncertain
whether these kinds of UI/refactoring fixes are wanted. Both patches
require Gtk+ 2.6 to function... I hope this isn't an issue, because
the next mini-task I was considering was a port to use GtkBuilder
instead of libglade, which would bump the requirement to 2.12. :)

Improve-tab-rendering.patch is mostly a port of the custom tab widget
from Epiphany. It fixes an issue I've been seeing with the close
button on tabs being cropped, fixes the focusability of the close
button, adds tooltips, and adds ellipsizing and default max tab width.
The ellipsization stuff may be a matter of taste, so that's a decision
for someone else to make; I'd gladly split the patch either way if
it's mostly acceptable.

Port-to-GtkAboutDialog-and-GtkIconTheme.patch does pretty much what it
says, removing usage of the deprecated GnomeAbout, and using
GtkIconTheme to load icons, etc. In theory, I believe that this should
have the 'benefit' of making Meld themeable, but I haven't tested this
at all. In practice, it just removes migrates stuff to the new way of
doing things. There is one minor regression that I'm aware of, which
is that GnomeApp doesn't play nicely with GtkIconTheme, and the window
icon doesn't get set; I'm working on it. Unfortunately, this patch
also complicates matters slightly, as the GtkIconTheme mechanism seems
to introduce a mini-namespace, so several image files have been
renamed accordingly. The patch should apply to head, but it won't do
the renames, etc., though they're listed in the file if you actually
read through it. This patch is a little monolithic, but it's not easy
to split and still have functional mid-points.
migrate-pixmaps.sh is a tiny shell script that, if run from the
glade2/pixmaps/ directory, will do this renaming/deletion of files...

So, are these updating-to-new-API type fixes wanted?

(Oh, and cheers for the great software!)

--
Kai Willadsen