Re: Compare web pages by URL

2008/8/28 Pavol Rusnak <prusnak suse cz>:
> Bartolomeo Nicolotti wrote:
>>
>> I want to ask if you have in mind to add meld the ability to compare two
>> web pages by specifying their URLs. Now I have to do select
>> all-copy-paste from the browser for each page, and redo that for
>> updating.

Supporting remote file operations requires (or at least suggests)
switching to gnomevfs or gvfs/gio for file operations. However,
gnomevfs is now essentially dead, and gvfs/gio python bindings don't
yet have a stable release... gio bindings were added to pygobject in
2.15.0.

> We could extend this to ability to specify HTTP/CVS/SVN/GIT/BZR URI. Should
> not be very difficult.

How would this work for VC URIs?

Kai