Idea: visual diff editor ("backport helper")

Hello all!

    I would like to thank you for meld, because it is the best
diff/merge tool I have seen and I really love that I could easily edit
files while diffing them. I have one enhancement idea for it:
    I often backport patches from higher versions into lower versions.
For example, there is serious bug in XYZ which is fixed in SVN. I take
SVN patch from revision 123456 to 123457, but this patch usually does
not apply cleanly against the latest stable version of XYZ. It would be
great if it was possible to open source code in one window and
corresponding diff/patch in the second window. Meld would highlight
places where this patch could not be applied and one could correct it to
apply cleanly (because meld allows to edit files!). What do you think of
this feature?

--
Best Regards / S pozdravom,

Pavol RUSNAK                                       SUSE LINUX, s.r.o
Package Maintainer                                Lihovarska 1060/12
PGP 0xA6917144                                     19000 Praha 9, CR
prusnak[at]suse.cz                                http://www.suse.cz