Re: Minor Feature Request

Hi Jason,

Done!

Retroactively!

Try holding down control or shift when doing the diff.
The shortcut keys should be pretty handy if you anchor your little finger
on control.

Stephen.

On 5/25/07, Jason Champion <xangis yahoo com> wrote:
I recently migrated fully to Linux (I was running dual-boot for a while), and one
of the things I have had to find is a replacement for WinMerge (current versions
don't run under Wine).

I've tried every graphical diff tool I could find, and Meld is the best and comes
closest to doing everything I need.

There's one thing that Meld could use that would make it the perfect diff tool (for
me) and would cause it to pull ahead of WinMerge in quality and usefulness:

  - The ability to easily/quickly delete an unwanted block of text (specifically
the "shows up in green" text.)

This would probably come in the form of adding a "delete block" option to the
right-click menu, although doing something like adding a minus sign next to the
"copy to the other side" arrow might work (but could be too easy to click
accidentally).

One can always manually select and delete this "green" text, but for the sake of
speed and ease-of-use, having a quick-click option would speed the merge process
for myself (and I suspect a few others) quite a bit.