Embedding FileDiff in another application - next problem

Hello,

the hint by Stephen fixed the major issue with the embedding, but now
I ran into another one. I just want the two panels to be shown,
without letting the user to edit the text in them.

So, the first step, hiding the file entries:

doc.fileentry0.hide()
doc.fileentry1.hide()

That works as expected, no problems.

Next one: disabling the editable property of the TextView/SourceView:

doc.textview0.set_editable(False)
doc.textview1.set_editable(False)

But these lines don't seem to have any effect, I can still modify the
texts, and screw up everything :) What's the correct way to disable
editing the contents?

Regards,
Szilveszter