VC backend

Hi everyone,

I have been using the VC backend now for a month or so inside PIDA, and
things are really lovely. For now I have included the entire package
with the PIDA source (until a time when the backend is released
separately.)

I have, however made a few changes and am slightly concerned about my
tree getting out of sync.

I have patches for the svn (bug #325299 and 1 other), and mercurial
plugins. And I have written Arch/tla support (bug #326020) which has
since been patched further. And I am continuing maintenance of the Darcs
plugin, which has slightly changed.

I have also had to make minor changes in the way plugins are imported to
make the package easy to import from anywhere. Especially from inside a
setuptools egg (eg PIDA) where directories cannot be listed.

I would be happy to take over the overall maintenance of the Vc package
if you guys would like, ensure releases, updates etc. Of course, I will
be guided by Stephen and the Meld team.

Otherwise, where should I send the patches? To the individual plugin
authors? Here?

Yours,

Ali

And a (rather large) screnshot of Meld diff in PIDA (for interested
people) is here:

http://pida.vm.bytemark.co.uk/projects/trac-extensions/screenshots/view?image-number=26