Re: Question/Feature-request.

> Hi,  I've been using Meld for quite a bit now and like it alot.
> I use it almost exclusively for CVS diffs.
>
> I have a couple of questions though.

Hi Joel, I'm glad you find it useful - thats mostly what I use it for
too. My motivation was that the cvs cli is unusable when you've got
10000 files in 1500 folders like I do :)

> Is it possible to have the UI remember which options I have selected for the
> filter?

Yes, meld should remember more state. Can you open a bugzilla feature
request?

> Is it possible to have it show me (with a new colour) which files are in
> need of an update?

Currently no - meld only goes to the server for updates and commits.
Wouldn't be too hard to do though if you were so inclined. I've been
looking at the synchronise feature in eclipse and may look into it in
the future.

> If these are not possible please consider it a feature request.  I'd help
> out with the features but I don't know python.  If someone wanted to poke me
> in the proper direction in the source tree and to a quick python guide I
> could give it a try.

If you want to try your hand, the best bet is to check out "branch-0_9"
from cvs.gnome.org/cvs/gnome/meld. You'll probably want to add a new
"update possible" state to tree.py and everything else you need is in
cvsview.py

Stephen.
--
Stephen Kennedy <stevek gnome org>