SVN - how?

I have meld installed and it works for file comparisons, but I can't figure out how to use it with SVN. Subversion is installed on my system and I use the client to access a remote repository. I've tried putting the repository URL in the svn browser box, I've tried running meld in a SVN working directory- and just about every other combination I can think of.

What's the trick? Is there something else I need to have installed?

Here is some relevant revision info.

   meld v1.0.0
   svn client v1.2.0
   Fedora Core 3