Re: Midnight Commander 4.8.26 released

On Thu, 28 Jan 2021, Joseph Reagle wrote:

I got the new version from homebrew because I noticed the shadows -- and haven't gotten around to turning them off yet. In the past day, though, it's become unusable. I don't know why, but it jams -- always showing the same directory that I'm not even in -- and has to be killed from another terminal.

Maybe it's because of the new persistent subshell buffer? I'm running mc on bash 5 without any problems, but since you are running Catalina, maybe you have switched to zsh already and something is broken with zsh in general or your specific version?

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev