Re: shift-Fn keys shifted by two in tmux

Am 15.12.21 um 13:47 schrieb Marco:
On Mon, 13 Dec 2021 08:43:01 +0100
Jörg Thümmler <listen vordruckleitverlag de> wrote:

can you check which keycodes are sent by the Shift-Fn-Keys in other
apps running in tmux? They are correct?

“xev” lists:

   keycode 50 (keysym 0xffe1, Shift_L)
   …
   keycode 71 (keysym 0xffc2, F5)

if I press <shift>-<F5> regardless if launched from within tmux or
not.

An what happens, if you open another terminal app in tmux and there
call mc? Same "keyshifting"?

I'm not sure what you mean by “another terminal app”. Another window
in tmux you mean? Starting a 2nd instance of mc in another window
yields the same result.

I just tried it on the console (no X) and the issue vanishes. This
makes my believe it has nothing to do with mc, rather it's a
misconfiguration of my terminal emulator.

Thanks for the nudge in the right direction.

Marco

Hi Marco,

what I meant was

- starting, say xterm or rxvt and then mc: what does shift+f5
- then closing mc and starting tmux in the xterm or rxvt-window and then checking, what shift+f5 does... does the behavior change? - i sometimes watch some inheriting, so if the behavior is different in these cases it must be a terminal programs problem...

btw did you try the "keylerning" for mc in tmux (backup ~/.config/mc/ini first), did the shift+fn keys work there?

--
cu

jth