Re: Help testing release candidate / mc-4.8.27-rc1

On Tue, 3 Aug 2021, Jörg Thümmler wrote:

Opensuse 15.1 Kernel 4.12.14-lp151.28.91-default running here
gcc is gcc7
glibc is 2.26
libslang2 is 2.3

don't waste any time on this if it's onyl my fault or too old system / libs running here...

This is extremely weird; SLFUTURE_CONST appeared sometime in 2009 and must be present in slang 2.3, so my guess is that your system has somewhere an old version of slang lying around and its headers are being picked up during the build.

Probably the easiest would be to search your system for slang.h and have a look inside, or else build the latest slang from source and build mc against this slang to narrow down the problem.

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev