Re: Subprocess strangeness

OK, I guess it's just that machine, I don't know why.  I tried it on
my other Pi with Raspbian Buster and that doesn't do it.  Nor a couple
of Debian machines running Buster and Spike.  I should have tried that
before posting.  I hadn't really kept track of where it was happening.
That's my summer Pi so I've been spending a lot of time on it lately
and imagined the problem was everywhere.