Re: Theme color definition for .bak files

Am Mon, 8 Jun 2020 11:53:43 +0200
schrieb Toni Tschampke <tt nowakit-gmbh de>:

Dear mc users,

I have a little problem figuring out the correct settings for the
theming of special elements displayed in the file list window.

In the normal blue/white color theme, files ending with .bak are
displayed as gray:blue in the file list.

I modified my theme to some eye friendly lightgray:gray, the .bak files
are now displayed in the same color (gray on gray, looks like an empty
line), only readable if you move the selection on it.

I guess I am missing a special color defining element in my [Colors]
section, but comparing it to the documentation, everything should be set
up. So I guess it's some sort of a default value.

My current color definition:

[Colors]
base_color=lightgray,gray:
normal=lightgray,gray:
selected=black,lightgray:
marked=yellow,gray:
markselect=red,lightgray:
errors=black,red:
menu=lightgray,black:
reverse=lightgray,gray:
dnormal=black,lightgray:
dfocus=lightgray,gray:
dhotnormal=red:
dhotfocus=red,lightgray:
viewunderline=brightred,blue:
menunormal=white,gray:
menuinactive=lightgray,gray:
menuhot=yellow:
menusel=white,black:
menuhotsel=red,black:
helpnormal=black,lightgray:
helpitalic=red,lightgray:
helpbold=yellow,lightgray:
helplink=lightgray,gray:
helpslink=yellow,black:
gauge=white,black:
input=lightgray,gray:
directory=white,black:
executable=green,black:
link=lightgray,black:
stalelink=brightred,black:
device=brightmagenta,black:
core=red,black:
special=lightgray,gray:
editnormal=white,black:
editbold=yellow,black:
editmarked=black,lightgray:
editwhitespace=lightgray,black:
editlinestate=lightgray,black:
errdhotnormal=yellow,red:
errdhotfocus=yellow,lightgray:
viewnormal=white,black:
viewbold=lightgray,black:
viewunderline=white,gray:
viewselected=yellow,black

Has anybody an idea to keep my color theme but be able to display these
files?

Thanks, Toni

Hi Toni,

i didn't test this, but AFAIK this is defined in /etc/mc/filehighlight.ini first:

[temp]
    extensions=tmp;$$$;~;bak
    extensions_case=false

In your [colors] should be an entry for temp:

   temp=lightgray,gray:

Seems that you can split this wider creating more file types and addressing them in
[colors]...

just my 2ct

cu jth

--