Re: Midnight Commander 4.8.22 released

Le mardi 01 janvier 2019 à 15:58 +0100, Yury V. Zaytsev a écrit :
Hi,

I'm glad to announce the immediate availability of mc-4.8.22!

This is a maintenance release mainly including fixes for issues found
since the last one, most notably several crashers, an annoying
problem
with quiet file overwriting, correct preservation of sftp file
timestamps, as well as support for building on IBM PASE for i and
latest
macOS versions. Everybody is recommended to upgrade to immediately
benefit from these improvements!

For the detailed list of changes since the last release, please refer
the release notes.

Download page: http://ftp.midnight-commander.org/?C=N;O=D
Release notes: http://www.midnight-commander.org/wiki/NEWS-4.8.22

As usual, kudos to Andrew Borodin, whose work made this release
possible, as well as all of our contributors, including translators.

Happy New Year 2019!

Hi Yuri, all.

First, thanks to all of you for that release.

I’ve updated « my » packages on OpenSuSe Build Service (OBS) to 4.8.22
for the following distros:

CentOS and Scientific Linux 6 i586 and x86_64.
CentOS and Scientific Linux 7 x86_64.
Fedora 28, 29 x86_64. 27 has been EOL’ed recently so build has been
disabled.
F29 has too aarch64, armv7l, i586, ppc64le. Please note that these are
completely untested (OBS added these platforms and it says « succeeded
», so… )

I’ve used official tar.xz package, and mc was built with the
following options:
        --with-screen=slang \
        --enable-charset \
        --with-x \
        --with-gpm-mouse \
        --disable-rpath \
        --enable-vfs-smb \
        --enable-vfs-sftp \
        --enable-aspell

You can get packages here:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/repositories/home:laurentwandrebeck:
mc/mc

Thanks,
--
Laurent Wandrebeck <l wandrebeck quelquesmots fr>