unrecoverable ftp timeout

Hello!

there's something I'm experiencing quite frequently now, I'm not sure I
was facing this behaviour w/ former versions: it's losing the FTP
connection after a while being inactive then there is no way to free the
VFs from the 'Active VFS directories' (it's listed in) and there is no
way to re-instantiate the connection again.

If I try from the 'Directory hotlist', I get a:
  Cannot chdir to "/ftp://....";
  Remote I/O error (121))
if I try from 'FTP link...', I get only:
  Cannot chdir to "/ftp://....";

The only way I've found to reconnect to a lost FTP connection is
restarting mc, which is not convenient nor expected.

mc 4.8.1 compiled from the sources, on am up-to-date CentOS7 box:
$ mc --version
GNU Midnight Commander 4.8.21
Built with GLib 2.54.2
Using the S-Lang library with terminfo database
With builtin Editor
With subshell support as default
With support for background operations
With mouse support on xterm and Linux console
With support for X11 events
With internationalization support
With multiple codepages support
Virtual File Systems: cpiofs, tarfs, sfs, extfs, ftpfs, sftpfs, fish, smbfs
Data types: char: 8; int: 32; long: 64; void *: 64; size_t: 64; off_t: 64;

Regards,

--
wwp