Re: Setting left and right panel directories at startup

It's just much faster this way. Although if you use your approach and keep infinite shell history as I do (instructions for doing that in bash here: https://github.com/readyready15728/misc/blob/master/bash.md) you can just do mc ~/Documents once and be able to C-r back to it forever.