Re: Midnight Commander 4.8.19 released

Le dimanche 05 mars 2017 à 16:26 +0100, Yury V. Zaytsev a écrit :
Hi,

I'm glad to announce the immediate availability of mc-4.8.19!

This is a maintenance release which includes many bugfixes and
several
new exciting features, the most notable of which are support for True
Color capable terminals (and first skins!) contributed by Egmont
Koblinger and support for timestamps with nanosecond precision on
Linux
contributed by Andrey Gursky.

For the detailed list of changes since the last release, please refer
the release notes.

Download page: http://ftp.midnight-commander.org/?C=N;O=D
Release notes: http://www.midnight-commander.org/wiki/NEWS-4.8.19

Traditionally, big thanks goes to our hero committer Andrew Borodin,
as
well as our regular contributors Mooffie, Andreas Mohr and others,
including our translators.

This time I have the particular pleasure to welcome Mooffie of the
friendly mc^2 fork's fame as our new committer, and note how he has
already delivered many valuable additions to mc for this release,
including an actual test suite for the extfs helpers!

As always, we hope to accept more patches for the next version, with
many waiting for reviews and tests, of which we sadly have way too
few,
but our resources are constrained as ever, so bear with us.

Having that said, we in full choir hail thy approach, O Spring!

Hi Yuri, all.

First, thanks to all of you for that release.

I’ve updated « my » packages on OpenSuSe Build Service to 4.8.19
for the following distros:

CentOS and Scientific Linux 6 i586 and x86_64.
CentOS and Scientific Linux 7 x86_64.
Fedora 24, 25, i586 and x86_64.

I’ve used official tar.xz package, and mc was built with the
following options:
        --with-screen=slang \
        --enable-charset \
        --with-x \
        --with-gpm-mouse \
        --disable-rpath \
        --enable-vfs-smb \
        --enable-vfs-sftp \
        --enable-aspell

You can get packages here:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/repositories/home:laurentwandrebeck:
mc/mc

Thanks,
--
Laurent Wandrebeck <l wandrebeck quelquesmots fr>