Re[2]: Static build of mc

Sorry it took so long, but I've documented the steps to my final solution in my blog here: http://david.leighweb.com/2017/01/07/install-midnight-commander-on-a-shared-hosting-account/  It works great for me now!

------ Original Message ------
From: "Yury V. Zaytsev" <yury shurup com>
To: "David Leigh" <david leighweb com>
Cc: "Erdmut Pfeifer" <e pfeifer science-computing de>; mc gnome org
Sent: 9/13/2016 8:42:12 PM
Subject: RE: Static build of mc

On Tue, 13 Sep 2016, David Leigh wrote:

Wow! This worked (with just a few minor glitches) RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX!
FIRST execution and I had something that worked. I used the version of mc
that yum installed with the CentOS 6.8. That was like 4.7.0 or something.
Now that I have a baseline that works, I may see if I can get a more recent
package to work (upgrade my CentOS box and upgrade mc).

For latest (unofficial) binaries, including CentOS 6, see:

    http://www.midnight-commander.org/wiki/Binaries

-- Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev