Re: Desparately need mc for Win8.1 64bit?

Thanks,
 further frustrating research reveals:
SIZES: *7z=1M; *msi=0.9M; *7z=0.65M

With the M$-cartoon-based OS I have no control over nor idea where the
d/l-ed files will be located, nor realistic way of searching.

The apparently automated installation process fails with error-mesgs.
Perhaps my NEW Win8.1 thing is defective?