Re: copy/move live-update

On 10/15/16, Yury V. Zaytsev <yury shurup com> wrote:
On Fri, 14 Oct 2016, Rikishi 42 wrote:
[snip]

This could be an interesting feature to implement: if I remember
correctly, Volkov Commander did that [...] it removed the selection
dynamically from the files already copied, so you could literally see how
your files float from one directory to another.

Good news: MC already does this. But it doesn't repaint the panel, so
you don't see anything happening there.

I wrote little snippet for mc^2 to repaint the screen as files get unmarked:

    https://gist.github.com/mooffie/8ebf543f1dbd717410744114be9cc31f

(You can also drag the progress dialog to see the file list beneath.)

if I remember correctly, Volkov Commander did that [...]

I know this feature from Dos Navigator. Seeing this was a huge wonder
for me. Like seeing Wolfenstein 3D for the 1st time. I was a teenager
in school back then and I couldn't understand how text partially
obscured by the dialog above it (the progress dialog) could change. It
even worked when the shadow of the dialog fell on it!