Re: mc 4.8.11 on ubuntu 3.13.0.44 (LTS 14.04.1)

Doug,

That OS X Terminal works OK suggests a problem in your terminal emulator on Ubuntu. Which one do you use? I don't connect to Ubuntu but I connect all the time from rxvt-unicode-256color to my Debian VPS via mc + SSH, and I don't have the problem. As a quick test, try going to your virtual terminals ([Ctrl]+Alt+F[1-6]), and see if mc does the same thing there.

Trey Blancher
trey blancher net