Re: mc Digest, Vol 123, Issue 7

On 9/26/14, chris glur <crglur gmail com> wrote:
What tools DO see into *.jar?
   Any tool which is able to list ZIP files can handle JAR files as
   well. Each Java JAR contains additional a foder META-INF/ for Java
   related files.
==
Lets test that:
-> locate jar
-> mc /usr/share/java/
OK! mc sees into ecj.jar ==
Archive:  /usr/share/java/ecj.jar
 Length   Method    Size  Cmpr    Date ...
and indeed,F4 shows:-- PK^C^D ==PKzip format apparently.
-> f9 -> Comnd]-> Edit extension file
=> F7=search "jar" == Search string not found=> what about zip-files ++
[?line wrap problems for http-based gmail CRAP]
For .zip extension ==
# zip
type/^([Zz][Ii][Pp])\ archive
        Open=%cd %p#uzip
        View=%view{ascii} unzip -v %f
What happens if you: cp <name>.jar <name>.zip
and test that?
OTOH I'm wondering HOW my/this mc DOES see *.jar.