Re: colored bash prompt

Hi.

On 18.06.2014 21:05, Mike Smithson wrote:
On Tue, 17 Jun 2014 23:48:55 -0700, Eugene M. Zheganin
<emz norma perm ru> wrote:

Is it possible to have a colored prompt in mc when both panels are on ?
It's colored in a subshell when panels are off (after a couple of
Enters) but not when panels are on.

I tried that once. I wanted my root login prompt to be bright red or
something.

What I recall is the extra characters used to color the prompt messes
up the
line length calculations used by readline or whatever command line
library you
use.

Do you mean original shell or mc subshell ? In latter case I want to
unstuck and try it out. How do I do this ?

Thanks.