Re: disabling F4 opening large files

On 18:06 Tue 29 Apr     , Martin Vegter wrote:
when I press F4, midnight opens selected file in my editor. This happens
for all files, even for video, mp3, iso image,... This obviously makes
no sense. Is there a way to disable F4 for specified files ?

in mc.ext, I see only the binding for F3 and ENTER
Open=
View=

Which brings me to my second point:

Is it possible to disable executing an executable when pressed ENTER ?

Maybe it should just ask confirmation when attempting to open a binary
file?

I would prefer no action at all when pressing F4. I can define rules for:
  Open=
  View=
but AFAIK, there is no option for
  Edit=

or is there?

I think there is.
Read ./home/YOU/.config/mc/mc.ext:
#    Open (if the user presses Enter or doubleclicks it),
#
#    View (F3), Edit (F4)