Re: file size format displayed in mc

On Wed, 09 Apr 2014 14:43:24 -0700, Konrad Vrba <konrad vrba gmail com> wrote:

Hello,

I am wondering whether it is possible to display the file size in midnight commander (in the size column) with a thousand separator (i.e. 1,234,567).

This works for ls
    BLOCK_SIZE="'1" ls -lAF

and I find it very convenient and human friendly.

is there any way to have the same in mc?

regards,
Konrad

printf has the ' flag that supposedly does this, but it doesn't
seem well supported. It's locale dependent and doesn't work on
my system.

BLOCK_SIZE="'1" ls -lAF also doesn't work on my system.

Also, it would take up extra columns in the panel. Maybe with big
screen it would be OK, but I'm only 1024x768. The columns are
precious. I don't even use vertical separator bars between the fields
in my panels.

The file size field seems to be limited to 7 characters, after that it
goes 123456K or 123456M.

--
Peace and Cheer