AFAICS an email client has 2 parts:
 1. a data-base to manage the In/Out mails
 2. transport agent/s for send and receive.

Since mc is THE superb data-base manager, it seems that it could do email well?

In my failed-state location, ISP's email facilities have crapped out, or perhaps
the natives can only use FB & twitter; so I've had to resort to gmail, which is
very inefficient and frustrating in the default/http mode.

sendmail is punishment to setup !

gmail needs TLS/SSL
Is TLS/SSL a part of `sendmail`, or will `sendmail` call TLS/SSL?

== TIA.