Re: Compile from git clone fails (SOLVED).

Problem solved:

I just now upgraded m4, autoconf, and automake to the freshest from
http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu, and then it couldn't even get through
autogen.sh.

I upgraded libtool, and now everything works.

Strange thing too, because I remembered upgrading these within the
last year, but when I looked at the versions, I must have done a
deliberate *minimal* upgrade, because even though they were compiled
on Jan 29 2013, the versions were ancient (2006).

Heh, you can see what a dinosaur I am. :)

Anyway, now I can keep going on my git tutorial and stuff.

Thank you very much.

--
Peace and Cheer