Bug in mc

Hi all,

I have a problem running mc on Solaris :

$ mc --version
GNU Midnight Commander 4.8.5
Built with GLib 2.8.1
Using the S-Lang library with terminfo database
With builtin Editor
With subshell support as default
With support for background operations
With mouse support on xterm
With support for X11 events
With internationalization support
With multiple codepages support
Virtual File Systems: cpiofs, tarfs, sfs, extfs, ftpfs, fish
Data types: char: 8; int: 32; long: 32; void *: 32; size_t: 32; off_t: 64;

Our system has an old version of diff that does not support -a flag. When mc invokes it for file comparison purposes, it returns error saying that such flag is not recognised. Upon such event, mc crashes happily. While there are many ways to work around this issue, I don't think that mc should crash.

Kind regards
Alex