mcedit macros can't do F7

Perhaps others can give ideas for some more mcedit optimisations.
Firstly, here's one that I often use, to clean up USEnet lines
which have
become
badly formatted, due to unintended line-breaks.
--->  "Format paragraph     M-p"
takes the marked block and does: [I'm writing this from a bad memory]
remove all ">" = sed ...
| replace all EOL with <space> = tr ...
| fold the lines at word-breaks [default len < 80] = `fold`
then I've got something to reinsert the ">" ... ">>>" as
     per the original FIRST line;
---
How would you [without going via : Format paragraph  M-p]:
  delete the next [on this line]: "[" string "]".
??
--
Manually, you'd use the <F7> key: twice.
And the key-macro of your manual-steps, is no good because it

== TIA.