Zip support broken ?

Slackware 13.37 comes with Midnight Commander 4.7.5.2 and UnZip 6.0. When
I press Enter on a .zip archive, it does nothing. But when I do the same
on an archive with execute permission, like those mounted from an NTFS
partition, it returns

bash: ./archive.zip: cannot execute binary file

I also compiled 4.8.0-pre2, but got the same results.

.rar archives work fine. And if I move the urar helper script, it returns

Error
Inconsistent extfs archive
sh: /usr/local/libexec/mc/extfs.d/urar: No such file or directory

That's expected. But if I move the zip script, it still doesn't return
anything. I guess the script isn't even called.

Is the Zip support broken, or it's something on my end ?