Re: Pseudographics in text mode

On Wed, 15 Jun 2011, Anton Shepelev wrote:

Hello all,

I  am having problems setting up mc to display pseu-
dographics characters in a text-mode virtual  termi-
nal. Only the "default" skin, which does not contain
double  lines,  works  well.  It  is  very   strange
because, if I 'cat' those skin files all the graphi-
cal symbols are shown correctly, so I wonder why  MC
does not "see" them...

MC (and ncurses/slang) is paying attention to locale, while "cat" is not.
It's possible to have a terminal setup to handle UTF-8 encoding without
requiring that the locale seen by programs inside it matches.

My console is in UTF-8 mode and the TERM variable is
set to "linux".

Thanks in advance,
Anton