Re: UCEProtect (was Re: screen size ...)

Hello /dev/rob0,

As a mail administrator myself, I would not trust UCEProtect. They

The biggest problem is, that UCEProtect has as founder and  owner  Yahoo
and Microsoft which send every day between 20.000 and  250.000 Spams  to
my servers.

My server has never send spam because it is my   corporated  Domain  and
only used by me and 76 Employees and all are using Debian GNU/Linux...

It was blocked more then 2 1/2 years by UCEProtect and I do not know why
I have never seen a copy of one of the spamtrap mails

And, if I tried to contact Microsoft or Yahoo because there spaming,  my
messages where rejected. The only way for me to remove my IPs from there
list was the way to court.

I had sued M+Y for spaming me with over 180.000.000 Spams in 3 years

Note:   My 86 Mailserves (I am ISP in 4 countries) are hit  every  day
        by 8-26 mio  spams  where  ANY  sending  IPs,  which  send  to
        non-existing users, are automaticly registeres by my spamtrap.

don't have the reputation and stature of Spamhaus.org and other
well-known DNSBLs. The UCEProtect Level 1 policy says that they'll
list for spamtrap hits, but possibly also for personal reasons of
UCEProtect administrators. But they also say that it tries to be
conservative.

I think, they block domains which reported to many  spams  to  Microsoft
and Yahoo

One thing I decided long ago, before I knew anything about mail:
don't use ISP-controlled email addresses. That leaves you overly
dependent on the ISP, and not free to leave them. There are large
freemail services such as GMX which are reliable and portable.

I use only rejections based on <zen.spamhaus.org> which is VERY reliable
and I can recommend it to any other peoples and colleges.

My customers can choose there own rules, how to filter/reject and  over-
geeks (I have a bunch of them) can  even  add  there  own  spamassassin,
procmail and maildrop  rules...   otherwise  they  can  use  tested  and
evaluated preset filters!

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack

itsystems tdnet France            itsystems tdnet
Owner Michelle Konzack            Owner Michelle Konzack

Apt. 917 (homeoffice)             Gewerbe Straße 3
50, rue de Soultz                 77694 Kehl/Germany
67100 Strasbourg/France           Tel: +49-177-9351947  mobil
Tel: +33-6-61925193 mobil         Tel: +49-176-86004575 office

<http://www.itsystems.tamay-dogan.net/>  <http://www.flexray4linux.org/>
<http://www.debian.tamay-dogan.net/>         <http://www.can4linux.org/>

Jabber linux4michelle jabber ccc de
ICQ    #328449886